The Client Services Representative (CSR) maintains exceptional customer service care and everyday functions of the San Francisco SPCA’s Pacific Heights campus 24-hour veterinary hospital. The CSR will directly report to the Client Services Manager and is responsible for being a proactive, knowledgeable point person with superior communication experience and a passion for promoting and administrating quality client to practice relationships. The successful candidate will be responsible for maintaining outstanding customer service while promoting and demonstrating our Core Values to our Community and Team Members.
We are looking to fill multiple temporary positions extending through August/September 2018.
Essential Duties and Functions:
- Responsible for creating a welcoming atmosphere of the hospital lobby and reception area, including a positive and upbeat demeanor in all your interactions with both clients and staff.
- Receive all visitors warmly and enthusiastically direct visitors to the appropriate areas of Pets Unlimited.
- Greet and check-in clients in a courteous, professional manner.
- Create and maintain appropriate and accurate patient files, paperwork and computer records for office visits.
- Assist in the patient intake and discharge process involving payments for medical services, pharmacy prescriptions and retail items.
- Actively engage in client outreach including follow-up calls and answering client inquiries concerning finance and records.
- Ability to articulate further medical treatment and prescription information assigned by the doctor.
- Ensures prompt, professional and compassionate communication with clients regarding the financial aspect of veterinary care.
- Responsible for financial transaction reconciliation four times a day, including end of day reconciliation.
- Maintains complete understanding of hospital policies and procedures
- Proactive with proposed solutions to any hospital policies and procedures which are not meeting their intended purpose.
- Assist clients with solving problems, including compassionate empathy in stressful situations.
- Ability to understand and respond appropriately to clients and pets that are experiencing physical and emotional trauma.
- Schedule appointments with the use of our veterinary software.
- Ability to work varied shifts including day or swing in a 24 hour hospital environment
- Maintain house keeping duties and checklist to ensure the hospital facilities remain clean and sanitary.
- Encourages client feedback through our client satisfaction surveys.
- Ability to support our mission, vision and values by providing exceptional customer service.
- Skilled at encouraging our clients to contribute monetary funds to our critical needs Adoptions and charitable programs.
- Practices and encourages the humane treatment of animals
- Provides quality customer service to staff, volunteers, and clients while actively promoting our mission, services, programs and events
- Promotes donation and giving opportunities as appropriate
- Work cooperatively with all volunteers and recognize the talent and commitment they bring to the Society
- Ensures a safe work environment, following all safety guidelines and modeling safe work practices
- Takes immediate action to address any safety concerns that could put a staff member, volunteer, client, animal, or the organization at risk
- Maintain a clean, healthy, and sanitary work area; follow all pest and rodent control protocols. Participate in keeping the SF SPCA campus clean and well maintained
Diversity and Inclusiveness
- Facilitate open, direct communication throughout the Society.
- Embrace and promote the Society’s BLISS direct communication program.
Reporting Relationships and Contacts:
Reports to the Client Services Manager- Pacific Heights Campus.