The Administrative Services Associate is often the first point of contact for visitors to the Society and provides administrative support across the organization, particularly for the Development, Marketing, and Operations teams. This role is part of a dynamic team that is responsible for ensuring the organization runs smoothly, efficiently, and effectively.
The person in this role will have excellent customer service and organizational skills and will do their best to represent the SF SPCA in a professional manner.
Essential Duties and Functions:
Administration and Operations
- Handle all administrative front desk operations: serving as receptionist, ordering supplies, coordinating travel, ordering meals for meetings, sorting mail, and office equipment maintenance.
- Support the Administration Services Manager by ordering uniforms for front-line staff, creating or ordering campus signs, assisting with internal communications, scheduling facility tours, and other tasks as assigned.
- Maintain security by following procedures and controlling access.
- Practice and ensure compliance with all of the San Francisco SPCA policies and procedures.
- Support the Development team by compiling meeting agendas, coordinating mailings, and other tasks as assigned.
- Conduct grant research.
- Provide fundraising event support.
- Promote donation and giving opportunities as appropriate.
- Support the Marketing team by assisting with internal marketing requests, monitoring and responding to inquiries in the public email inboxes, answering the public information phone line, and other tasks as assigned.
- Process and track invoices and event sponsorship contributions.
- Compose, type, and edit correspondence, reports, and other materials.
- Assist with event preparation as needed.
- Answer questions from the public in person, by phone, and via email while ensuring that everyone is treated with respect.
- Provide quality customer service to clients, volunteers, donors, and staff while actively promoting our mission, services, programs, and events.
- Follow up on and resolve issues.
- Practice and encourage the humane treatment of animals.
- Work closely with administrative volunteers to complete tasks and cover the front desk.
- Work cooperatively with all volunteers and recognize the talent and commitment they bring to the Society.
- Ensure a safe work environment; following all safety guidelines and modeling safe work practices.
- Take immediate action to address any safety concerns that could put a staff member, volunteer, client, animal, or the Organization at risk.
- Maintain a clean, healthy, and sanitary work area; follow all pest and rodent control protocols. Participate in keeping the SF SPCA campus clean and well maintained.
Diversity & Inclusiveness
- Work effectively with individuals from diverse communities and cultures.
- Successfully works with a team of colleagues who represent a diversity of work and conflict resolution styles.
- Promote culture competency.
Reporting Relationships and Contacts:
- Reports to Administrative Services Manager