As an important, contributing member of Rescue and Welfare Department and the Transfer coalition project, the Animal Transfer & Partnership Coordinator (ATPC) is a community liaison that is dedicated to increase lives saved for homeless animals thought building relationships, coordinate transfers and streamlining logistics of transfer processes between Bay Area destination shelters and Central Valley coalition partners. By collaborating with multiple communities, even more animals may have a second chance and find homes.
This position is for a temporary period of 12-months and the candidate is dedicated to and held accountable for the success of the project objectives as set forth by the PetSmart Charities Grant.
Essential Duties and Functions:
Rescue and Transfer Program Administration
- Under the direction of the VP of Rescue and Welfare, assist with networking to further develop and foster successful working relationships within the Central Valley coalition
- Coordinate and cooperate across agencies to monitor animal population, evaluate animals selected for transfer, and coordinate rescue placements and transfer.
- Work requires frequent driving up to 8-10 hours per day facilitating placements and transfers.
- Collect and distribute necessary animal data between partners includes but not limited to photographs, descriptions, and other animal information
- Recommend and implement targeted strategies to help animals in the various populations find rescue placement quickly.
- Draft and update program forms and guides, and develop and evaluate work processes to ensure the program’s success and to optimize growth potential.
- Generate internal monthly reports and maintain strong communication with the partners and VP Rescue and Welfare.
- Uphold a strong commitment to teamwork, and positive, solution-oriented communication and conduct at all times.
- Work cooperatively with team members including from Adoptions, Behavior, Shelter Medicine, Volunteer Services, and Foster Care to coordinate successful placements and adoptions.
- Work with our staff and volunteer teams to develop and implement targeted strategies to help animals if adoption at the receiving shelters fail or when returned to the shelter.
- Draft and update the forms and guidelines, and develop and evaluate work processes to ensure maximum efficiency and lifesaving.
- Produce and maintain complete and accurate reports weekly
- Oversee the regular timely input and maintenance of data in appropriate databases.
- Perform other duties as assigned and assist with special projects as needed.
Mission and Values
- Treat people and animals with respect, contribute to effective teamwork, and promote cooperation.
- Practice discretion with sensitive information regarding animals, partners and partnership relations
- Dedicated to force free and humane treatment of animals.
- Provide prompt, courteous, and consistent customer service to all partners at all times.
- Provide quality customer service to volunteers, and staff while actively promoting our mission, services, programs and events.
- Promote donation and giving opportunities as appropriate.
- Work cooperatively with all volunteers and recognize the talent and commitment they bring to the Society.
- Follow established disease control protocols.
- Attend all designated safety training sessions and read all safety literature.
- Ensure a safe work environment and follow all safety guidelines, including PPE, and model safe work practices.
- Take immediate action to address any safety concerns that could put a staff member, volunteer, client, animal, or the organization at risk.
- Maintain a clean, healthy, and sanitary work area; follow all pest and rodent control protocols.
- Follows SF SPCA vehicle protocol
Diversity and Inclusiveness
- Works effectively with individuals from diverse communities and cultures
- Successfully works with a team of colleagues who represent a diversity of work and conflict resolution styles
- Facilitate open, direct communication throughout the Society
- Embrace and promote the Society’s BLISS direct communication program