The Purchasing Agent orders inventory and non-inventory items and services based on criteria set by requirements of the organization, guidelines by the Sourcing Team, and demonstrated needs. Using Excel, NetSuite, and Impromed expertise, as well as in- depth knowledge of SF SPCA’s seasonality, this position will monitor inventory levels and adjust as needed to maximize orders and discounts and leverage organizations’ costs. This position reports to the Supply Chain & Purchasing Manager.
Essential Duties and Functions:
- Determine best purchase frequency and sources while minimizing obsolescence and expiration
- Skills used: NetSuite & Impromed expertise, Internal and External Communication, Data Analysis and Reporting with Excel and other tools as needed
Support Sourcing Team
- Create new inventory item entries in Netsuite and Impromed for new products as approved by the Sourcing Committee. Also provide Sourcing Team with suggestions for streamlining formulary to better serve the entire organization and rationalize large current SKU base.
- Skills used: Knowledge of current approved SKU’s, NetSuite expertise, Internal and External Communication, Data Analysis and Reporting with Excel
NetSuite and Impromed Expert
- Develop and expand expertise in NetSuite to support purchasing functions. Set inventory and non-inventory items with correct naming conventions, and other consistent settings to maximize reporting functions. Protect organization’s margin by ensuring correct costs are promptly and correctly reflected in Impromed.
- Skills used: System knowledge of NetSuite and Impromed
- Serves as Supply Chain & Purchasing Team expert on Safety for the organization. Includes Team Safety SDS Labels, Maintenance of SDS on MSDS Online and tablets throughout organization.
- Attend monthly safety meetings and report back to the team.
Stocking, Receiving, Fulfillment
- Ensure proper storage, rotation, monitor expiration, control and issuance of materials throughout the organization
- Receive deliveries from our standard carriers
- Fulfill weekly department orders
Purchasing and Invoice Processing
- Follow policies and procedures as outlined by the Purchasing Manager and Sourcing Team for purchase of supplies, equipment and services at the most favorable prices consistent with quality, quantity, and efficiency
- Process purchase orders, receiving, sales orders and transfer orders
- Report paperwork errors weekly to Purchasing Manager
- Responsible for timely invoice processing,
- Responsible for arrangement of necessary repairs on equipment
- Responsible for periodic cycle counts, updating information in NetSuite and Impromed
- Ensure the proper storage and handling of controlled substances while maintaining full compliance with state and federal regulations
- Tracks and reports expiration of Organization’s supplies. Arranges returns with vendors and distributors for any eligible expired items.
- Assign, Monitor, and Process Service Request Tickets as required
- Maintain good working relationships throughout the organization by collaborating and showing leadership through teamwork
- Maintain good relationships with vendors
- Practice and encourage the humane treatment of animals
- Provide excellent quality customer service to internal clients, volunteers, and staff while actively promoting our mission, services, programs and events
- Promote donation and giving opportunities as appropriate
- Work cooperatively with volunteers recognizing the talent and commitment they bring to the Society.
- Ensure a safe work environment; follow safety guidelines and modeling safe work practices
- Take immediate action to address any safety concerns that could put a staff member, volunteer, client, animal, or the organization at risk
- Maintain a clean, healthy, and sanitary work area; follow all pest and rodent control protocols. Participate in keeping the SF SPCA campus clean and well maintained.
Diversity and Inclusiveness
- Work effectively with individuals and colleagues from diverse communities and cultures.
Reporting Relationships and Contacts:
- Reports to the Supply Chain & Purchasing Manager
- Works with Society clients, customers, suppliers, and service providers